Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chromatic Google

A while back when I hadn't had my Facebook account deactivated, I used to surf using chrome as my web browser, mainly because I was told it's faster. Since I hate it when I'm faster than machine in terms of going to the next steps, so I switched to Google's browser, Chrome. Dude, it was advertisements all over the page, between the posts, side bars, everywhere!! and I hate it when you are fed with ads here and there. Dang! I would go for stuff and search for 'em myself. don't need no ads everywhere. So I switched back to my favorite Firefox, whatever random access memory it takes, it's still my favorite. even if it's slower than my brain's processor. Well anyhow, a few days ago, Firefox crashed in my office computer machine and I had to check on something pretty quickly so I had to use Chrome again. Boy you don't believe what I'm about to say, I was in this webpage, skimming through the abstract and all. All of a sudden I noticed there was this hyper link at the top part of the page where it has all the specifications of the paper and all. The term "online date" was hyperlinked by Chrome, for me!!
I moved the mouse cursor on top of it and there was this fly-out window opened for me advertising about some damn dating web site!! Jeeez, That's stupid, the paper was available online at this date. and Chrome reads through the page and finds out whatever smells like money! That really sucks man. I counted so much on Google's search engine, email, maps and all the other useful features but this one really disappointed me! introducing a browser that read through all your privacy and everything. a few months back, I discovered that even Gmail reads through the email contents and provides you with the addresses noted in the email. telephone numbers and all.. That sucks. It is crazy how everything is going on forward in this world. every single corporation is trying to get more of the customers. Privacy is really challenged, I mean it. That's what I wanted to say.

P.S. chill out, never mind, what goes around, comes around.

1 comment:

merAO said...

Are you reading "The catcher in the rye" ? :)